Friday, August 6, 2010

Lost and Found



So, about a month ago amidst all the comings and goings
of family, we somehow lost one of Emma's pacifiers,
and it happened to be my favorite one (pictured above)!
Needless to say, I searched everywhere for it in our little
apartment and never found it. I was heartbroken :(
Then just yesterday, while looking for something else that was lost
(do you notice a trend?),
I FOUND IT!!!!!

This seriously made my day! (okay lets be honest,
it made my whole week)

This reminded of something I've always known about myself:
I get very attached to insignificant objects

like pencils or chapstick, (and now Emma's pacifiers..)
but I don't realize the extent of my attachment until they get
lost or broken or ruined and then I get super upset!!
Oh man.

Anyways, all I really wanted to do was share the
good news that I found my favorite pacifier.......for Emma, of course.


Nelson Family Updates:

(we took this picture on father's day)
1. Emma had pink eye earlier this week but she's fine now :)
2. Nelson family get together next week in AZ - can't wait!
3. Excited to take family pictures while in Arizona :)
4. Emma weighs 12 lbs. 6 oz. and measures 22 in. long
5. Thomas' birthday is coming up!! (on the 23rd)
6. I'm planning an Italian feast for dinner on Sunday
complete with a caprese salad and fried polenta :)
I'll take pictures and let you know how it goes!
7. Curled my hair today - turned out...interesting
8. One of these days I'll post pictures from all of our summer adventures....

3 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about Porter's paci's!!! I am so bummed because there is a cute turquoise blue one that has been missing for awhile now! Oh how I wish it would turn up somewhere...maybe when we move next month I will find it. By then we will probably be taking his paci's away from him....oh well. We miss that sweet girl and you guys as well. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew this about you. Hummmmm. Well at least its insignificant things and not cars, houses or large earth moving equipment. Post more pictures of this summer...please.

    ReplyDelete