Saturday, September 24, 2011

Coloring

Emma loves to color! I got her this giant coloring book a few days ago and she has asked me to color everyday, like 3 times a day. SO cute. She's learned that crayons are not supposed to go in your mouth but every once in a while I'll catch her with one in there and she'll look at me and say "yucky". That's right Emma, yucky.

I kinda forgot how much I like coloring. I know what you're thinking, 'Jacey, coloring is for toddlers, how old are you?' But I actually enjoy it! Haha! Sitting and coloring with Emma reminded me of when my mom used to color with me when I was little and how I thought she was so amazing, and I would think, 'how does she stay in the lines so good??'

That started me thinking about how great my mom is. She always made time to sit with us and do whatever. She would stop right in the middle of her crazy day just to spend a few moments with us, and play or sing or color or twirl or do handstands or read. I hope I can be like that for all of my kids. :)

Happy Coloring!!

2 comments:

  1. i love this and i love coloring too :) the other day at work i was covering for the receptionist and i definitely took advantage of the coloring books and crayons she has at the front desk (for kids who come in)... just want you to know you're not alone ;) oh and also had a coloring contest with my 7 year old niece awhile back. she won.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha so cute :) my sister in law Heidi still brings crayons and coloring books to color with in church and she's 17 so there's definitely no age limit to coloring!
    miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete