Monday, March 12, 2012

Boy Oh Boy!

It's a BOY!!!

This little guy made sure we had no doubts about his gender when we had the ultrasound a couple weeks ago. The tech didn't have to do any maneuvering to figure it out - he was spread eagle ready to show off for the camera :) We are SO excited to be having a boy and Thomas couldn't be more thrilled. I can't wait to see how different it will be raising a boy after having the joyous experience of raising a drama queen.. I mean, girl. :)

The other day I was in Target and found myself in the baby section when I realized that shopping for a boy is going to be difficult... My brain is now hardwired to block out anything that isn't pink, ruffle-y or the slightest bit girly. I literally had to tell myself to only look at boy stuff and stop letting my eyes wander to the tutu's and bows. HELP! :)

For your viewing pleasure here is a baby bump pic at 19 weeks:

In other news....

On President's Day weekend we went to Mund's Park (just south of Flagstaff) to my sister-in-law's family's cabin. It was so much fun and the kids had a blast playing in the snow! Thanks Brittney and the Nick family for letting us hang out at the cabin :)

If you're ever in Flagstaff - YOU MUST EAT AT ROMA PIZZA. This pizza place has been our favorite ever since we went there a few summers ago for a family reunion. We've even scheduled a road trip around it so that we'd be in Flagstaff at lunch time so we could stop there to eat! It is sooooo good.

mmmm......Roma's......I'm going to dream about it tonight...and probably drool in my sleep.
(T.M.I. sorry)
We ended the trip off with a bang - literally. Emma and Porter were jumping on the bed and unfortunately while no one was watching (yes, I take the blame, I was blow drying my hair at the time) Emma fell and smashed her face into the corner of the night stand. I say 'smashed' because she hit it really hard, so hard that it cracked her pacifier, cut her lip in two places and bruised her upper gums. Needless to say, there was a lot of blood. Poor little girly. She had some sweet fat lips after that and her gums were bruised for about a week.

This is the only picture we have that documents it (notice the dried blood on her shirt). It's kind of hard to see her swollen lips because they're on the half of her face that's turned away from the camera, but you get the point.

She's a trooper and she pulled off the fat lip look really well :)


Nelson Family Update:

1. Thomas had spring break this past week and we took full advantage of his time off and did nothing :) It was quite the lazy/relaxing/unproductive week :) Yay for wasting time!

2.Our good friends are getting married in SLC this week so we are headed up to Utah on Wednesday for the celebration! I'm so excited to visit P-town - it's been too long :)

3. I am almost 21 weeks along in my pregnancy and I feel fantastic! I can't believe I'm already at the halfway point, it's gone by really fast.

4. Hunger Games comes out next week...eek! We have tickets to a special preview showing the day before it comes out woo whoo! I'm excited.

5. Umm is it just me or did Jan/Feb go by waaay too fast? I can't believe it's March already. And then it will be April and that means Emma will be turning 2! She's getting too old... :(

4 comments:

  1. Holy cow I can't believe Emma will be 2! I feel like I just brought you dinner and saw her as a newborn! You look as cute as ever as a pregnant mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaaaah! Congrats on the little man!!! Little boys are really fun, but lets be honest, girl clothes are so much more fun to look at. AAAAnd you look FABULOUS. seriously! you are such a cute pregnant lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! I went to dinner with your parents when I was in town a couple of weeks ago and they told me you were having a boy! So exciting. It will be fun to have one of each. Congrats. So sad about the fat lip....fortunately, that's about the only injury Sophie hasn't acquired yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emma was quite cavalier about her fat lip. She is a tuffee for sure. We so loved having her for the weekend while you were in Utah. She runs the house regardless of who is watching her.

    ReplyDelete