Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Summertime

Swimming, swimming, and more swimming. That's what we've been up to the last few weeks :)
Emma and I did a two week swimming class together and she did fabulous! She is such a little fish and she's getting more and more brave in the water.





BABY SHOWER - JUNE 23, 2012

My mom, mother-in-law, and sister-in-law threw me a baby shower and it was so much fun. How cute are the decorations and the cake! 


Yummy food, games, and great friends and family :)





We spent the 4th of July up in Pine at our friends' family cabin. We had so much fun!



 Out for a morning walk - the weather was beautiful



Emma is so patriotic :)



 The never-ending horseshoe tournament



 A little wiffle ball

The girls, Lucy and Emma, in their matching tanks


 Quality daddy-daughter time on the swings

The crew at dinner

 Happy 4th of July!!

 Our good friends, Chad and Carissa, are moving to Missouri for med school and last weekend was the last time we got to hang out with them before they left. They have been such good friends and we are sad to see them move but we're excited for them to start their med school adventure!



I love, love, LOVE homemade jam. I had a bunch of frozen strawberries stored in our freezer so I decided to try to make some. It was a success! There's something about homemade jam that just makes me smile and reminds me of growing up - my mom always had homemade jam in the fridge :)

So I've been going through all of our old baby stuff getting ready for this little guy to come. We got down this bouncy seat and Emma thinks that she's small enough to sit in it (yes, I realize it is pink - don't judge. Even though he'll have some pink baby stuff, our son will NOT be girly - Thomas will make sure of that).

It reminded my of some pictures I took of her in it as a baby. This one was taken almost exactly two years ago. I can't believe she used to be that little! 

1 comment:

  1. Too fun. You guys are the best outdoors family around...keep it up! Love the good times and the precious memories.

    ReplyDelete